Saturday, August 1, 2009

On my phones: Mornings and Airports


Earlier today I got my much awaited copy of Sugarfree's latest album, Mornings and Airports. I've been waiting for its release since I heard their latest single, "Hay Buhay," on the radio weeks ago. We played the whole album in the car on the way back home. I'm still familiarizing myself to most of the songs, but it's clear to me that "Hay Buhay" is my favorite by a mile.

Unfortunately, I didn't like as much as I have expected but it was still good, being a Sugarfree fan that I am. Haha. Many songs are in english, which makes this album from the previous ones very different, but it still has the Sugarfree feel to it. Kinda hard to explain but you'll know it when you're a fan. At least a couple of songs were sung by Jal, whose voice I recognized from when he sang "Batang-bata ka pa" alongside Ebe on their Apo tribute a while back.

So far, the songs that I like are Hay Buhay, Mornings and Airports, and Patawad. More songs will most probably be added to that once I listen to it more. Hehe.

Edit: I'll add Mamang Driver, Heto na Naman Tayo, and Form Factor to the songs that I like.

No comments: