Friday, February 12, 2010

Antipolo Trip

We have been planning for a car blessing for our Nissan Navara for a long while and my Dad decided to have it blessed one Sunday after hearing mass with the whole family. What he did not tell us until the night before was that we'll be hearing that mass in Antipolo. That's what I like about my Dad.

I was too young to remember the last time I've been there and I was wondering why in the world my Dad decided to go there. It turns out that the Antipolo Cathedral is the shrine of Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage. It's like the perfect place to have a car blessing.


I must say that I was impressed with the Church. Not just by the cathedral, but the community itself. There were people were guiding vehicles to a parking space near the cathedral, some were greeting and welcoming people as they enter the church, there was one organized line to the shrine behind the church after the mass, and they have brothers ready to bless vehicles of the travelers. It's easily the most organized church I've ever been.


After Navara's binyag, we ate lunch at Padi's Point Antipolo. Just like any other establishments there, it has a really, really great view of the Metro Manila. The food was okay and it really looked good so we took a picture. Haha!


After that, a quick trip to TriNoMa, then we went home. It's always the unplanned trips to unfamiliar places that are the most enjoyable and exciting trips you'll ever be in.

No comments: