Thursday, November 13, 2008

MANACOM Report 3, Pugad Dencio's


Here's another post regarding my "thoughts and discoveries about communication strategies being used by practitioners," which is the point of making this blog in the first place.

This time, it's about the communication strategy made by Dencio's. If you haven't noticed yet, [Yeah, I know, It's been going on for quite a while] they are being endorsed by Pugad Baboy's creator, Pol Medina Jr., and my favorite band, Sugarfree. They even made a song called "Pugad" and its brilliant music video featuring the some of the Pugad Baboy residents. They have a bonus disc for this that comes with the "Sugarfree LIVE!" album. For me, it can't get any better than that.


I haven't got the chance to actually eat at Dencio's since the endorsing began, but I did saw the changes that they made to the place. From the outside, you can already see the windows covered with pictures of the band with the Pugad Baboy characters eating. That's all there is [from what I've seen] and they're everywhere. My friend, Maruel, mentioned that even their menus have the same thing. [Visit his blog!]

I wonder how much they spent on this project. Convincing both PMJr and the Sugarfree to endorse them looks expensive, with the music video and all, the billboards, their website, other promotional stuff, and the changes that they've done on all their branches in the country. I think that it will be worth it. A lot of people are fans of their endorsers and I may be one of the biggest fans of both of them. Next time I'll be celebrating something, it will definitely be at Dencio's.

No comments: