Thursday, December 4, 2008

MANACOM Report 4: Doublemint mints

I'm sure that you've seen this by now. Wrigley's Doublemint, one of the best known chewing gum in the Philippines, is now selling mints. Yep. Sugarfree mints in fact. But why though? Chewing gums are proven to be very beneficial. It controls craving, releaves stress, improves oral health, and makes you stay focused. I doubt that mints can do better. Maybe a lot of people just like mints. I do.

But why release it in the Philippines? It cost a whopping 79.50 pesos on the supermarket, and as much as 85 freaking pesos on other stores. People can buy doublemint gums anytime anywhere for a peso each.

Maybe it's a sort of social responsibility thing of Wrigley's. People just doesn't want to throw their trash properly [despite the reminders on every single wrigley gum wrapper]. Gum wrappers are everywhere and chewed gums under everything. There are no wrappers to throw when you have a recyclable container. Recyclable how? I can't think of anything to place it with and we ended up having six of them lying around my sister's bookshelves.

Yep. Six. We just like the stuff. Three Eclipse mints and two Extra mints from our trip to Hong Kong and Macau, and the Doublemint mints that I just bought recently. What's the difference between the three? Extra is very, very, very strong. Akala ko habambuhay ako maglalaway sa sobrang anghang. Between Eclipse and Doublemint, not a thing. They're the same mints, same flavors [Peppermint and Winterfrost. Who comes up with a flavor named winterfrost?! HELLO?!] in different containers.

What else can I say? The chewing gum is the more practical choice, but like I said, we just like the mints. I have always preferred chewing Orbit gum (another one of Wrigley's) over other gums, candies, and stuff. Maybe I'll just try the winterfrost flavor of doublemint before switching back. As much as I love the mints, they're just too much pricey for me.

Mas beneficial, mas mura, at mas matagal maubos ang chewing gum.
Mas masarap nga lang yung mints. Hay buhay.

No comments: