Friday, October 31, 2008

On my phones: Sugarfree LIVE!


Ok.Obviously, I'll ask you guys to buy it, or at least listen to it. I bet you've heard at least one of Sugarfree's great singles. Well, here's one of their hits, with a twist:

Edit: imeem's history now so the clip's gone. It's basically violins playing "King and Queen of Hearts" then the band strikes up their single, "Prom." Got the connection?

While you're listening, you can read on...

Sugarfree is my favorite OPM band right now. It's my favorite band ever next to the Eraserheads and Parokya ni Edgar. We've been playing their latest cd in the car for a while now and I just had a MANCOMM idea. I'll talk about it later on my next post, right now, here's a flashback:

I remember my sister telling me about it and got excited when she bought it the day after. We played it as soon as we got to the car. It's like having my eyes closed while listening to it, although I was quite wide awake since I was the one driving. Next thing I knew, my left feet was stomping with the beat, so did my hands in the steering wheel and my head was just moving with them. It's a perfect combination of modern and classical music. It's like a marriage made in heaven.

I salute Ebe, Jal, Kaka, the Manila Symphony Orchestra, and everyone involved for a job well done.

If you like what you're hearing, you'll love the whole album, complete with 18 of their best songs. Some of my favorites are: Prom, Sablay, Telepono, Kung Ayaw Mo Na, Huling Gabi, and Burnout. But I think the best ones of all are "Kailan ka ba?" and the one that answers it, "Ikaw pala" from the album "Tala-arawan." If you haven't heard of them yet, it's because they haven't been released as singles yet. I kind of hope that they won't be so that I won't hear everybody singing two of my favorite songs all the time. Nakakasawa naman din yun no? Hehe...

Basta. Go buy the Sugarfree LIVE! album. You won't regret it. There's also a bonus disc. I'll talk about it later.

No comments: