Friday, October 31, 2008

MANACOM Report 2, Palistuhan

Now it's time to post some "thoughts and discoveries about communication strategies being used by practitioners."

It's been going on for a while but since it's still happening, I might as well post it.

Nescafe, I think, made a very great way to promote its product and make their audience enjoy it. I'm talking about the new Nescafe Iced Coffee. I heard on the radio that contestants can actually rap agianst each other, answering each rap until they blank out, just like what they did in the TV ad. And boy what a great commercial it is.

Pairing up master rapper Francis Magalona with funny man Ramon Bautista is I think, very brilliant. As in genious! It made my stomach hurt laughing. If you've watched only the 30 second commercial, you may not be getting what I'm saying. Watch the whole thing right here [under "About the Product"]

You should also try the palistuhan game. It has hard, simple, and even stupid questions whose answers would make you go: "Why didn't I think of that?" It's a very good way to waste time while surfing the net. You'll enjoy the questions, you'll find yourself moving with the beat, you can find out your rapper name [I turned out to be "Kid Nasty Jab"], and you won't even notice that you can win a prize doing it.

Of course, it's all for promoting and selling the product. For 10 pesos, it's actually very small [Just look at my hand on the picture], but I think it's fair for an iced coffee and it definitely won't stop me for buying them again. The guys at nescafe really did a great job promoting it. They are just brilliant. Otherwise, I wont be blogging about it. Hehe...

I'm on my way completing my second set of 100 questions on the palistuhan quiz. You guys should try it. Click the link above. So ano? Listo ka ba?

Edit: R.I.P. Francis Magalona. Saludo ako sa'yo at sa mga pinoy na kagaya mo.

No comments: